Friday, December 10, 2010

Blogpost #15

Directions: Please answer all the questions below in a post on your blog, and be sure to label this post as Blog Post 15.
1) Which was the one assignment that was fun to do and why?
Talking about the worse date and relating it to "Whos Cheap and "The double binds of masculinity". It's fun relating past experiences to the readings we do because It makes them much easier to understand, was also fun listening to my classmates's stories.

2)What was the one assignment that made you learn about something? What was the "something" you learned?
Double Binds. I learned alot about what society expects out of men and how we need to find a balance between the gentleman and beast part of us. Though I still find it ironic how society pressures boys to stay away from girls until their teenage years, then pressure them to mix together.

3) What was the one assignment you did not care for? Why?
Does the first research paper count? Probably because I picked political based articles in a mens magazine, and then was told to use them for a paper related to masculinity. It's my fault for not seeing it coming..

4) Do you think, overall, Blogger was a useful tool for this class? In what ways?
Yes, it was an incredibly useful tool. Though truth be told, it did take some getting used too, coming right out of highschool I don't really expect teachers to check my work while I'm at home. But yes, it's a much more simplier way to get work done and have everything organized.

5) Describe a type of assignment or task that we did NOT do that you either did on your own, OR would have liked to have done, or a TYPE of assignment you would have liked to have done more of?
Actually, I started watching a few bromances, 40 Year Old Virgin, Role Models and it actually makes the reading more understable relating it too the films. Even though normally I don't like learning through film, I think that it would work wonders for a topic like this which focuses on our society and it's effects on us.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the feedback. Miguel and Tiffany made similar suggestions/comments about films and the topic of bromace. I'll keep it in my when I design syllabi in the future.

    ReplyDelete